One of our very innovative ideas used in BIG 5 Exhibition presenting most of our product ranges.
A strong reason for choosing ABUS as a supplier, was that they realized that ABUS cranes are the most reliable and service-friendly cranes in the market, according to their own maintenance staff. The paper mill machine supplier from Sweden selected ABUS as they have a very good experience working with ABUS cranes in their previous projects in the Middle East. Ace Cranes , authorized representatives of ABUS cranes Germany in the Middle east region supplied and installed 4 EOT cranes. The Overhead crane 9t + 9t was supplied with a Motorized rotating spreader beam 14.0 ton x 5980 mm span for positioning of Paper Reel Spools on the Paper Mill Machines.
- We feel it is important to mention that we continue to be ‘Open for Business’ at Ace Crane systems LLC.
- We want to let you know and reassure you that we are doing everything we can to continue to deliver our services and operate to the best of our ability during this difficult time.
- We are closely monitoring the advice given by the UAE Government, World Health Organisation and other agencies and the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and suppliers is our top priority.
- We are taking all the necessary, practical and sensible steps to provide healthy work environments both at our own premises and for our site engineers at our customers facilities.
- Our service team is completely operational attending all breakdown, erection and mounting of cranes.
- Service team is also busy with refurbishment and Annual Maintenance contract since the workflow has slowed down.
- Our project department and Sales Department are working from home and are constantly in touch with customers via emails, phone calls and Video conference calls. We ensure to continue fast response time.
- Regarding crane components from ABUS – here is the official information updated in their website— https://www.abuscranes.com/corona
- Since Girder manufacturing and crane installation is in-house our projects are not endangered.
- We have increase our spare parts stock in order to ensure our commitment towards all our customers.
Our thoughts go to all of those affected by the outbreak and we are ready to support as best we can.
Stay safe & Well!
We are delighted to inform that we started this year with manufacturing and installation of 2 Nos of 16t x 25m +10m cantilever 10m HOL Gantry cranes. These cranes are the back bone of a precast manufacturing facility to build 5000 new Villas in Saudi Arabia.
In the picture above, you can see the Load testing was performed at the cantilever region as well. Please feel free to contact the undersigned in case you have any similar requirement.
- Bridge cranes, gantry cranes, wire-rope and chain electric hoists represent the main products.
- Constructive design of all kinds and loading capacity up to 320 t for cranes and 32 t for hoists are the expression of our creativity and potential.
- We particularly highlight our vocation and experience in the construction of explosion-proof equipment, fit for the installation in petrochemical plants having potentially explosive atmosphere: refineries, LNG plants, off-shore platforms, fertilizers plants.
- Our activities are governed by our quality system in compliance with the standard ISO 9001, certified by ICIM since 1995 & ATEX.
- Cooperation with our customers and a timely after-sale service are guarantee of the good running of all our equipment in any part of the world.
There is a thought behind each idea—– customers who are committed to their target always plan to save time during machine breakdown.
This is for one of world leading plastic packaging industry who requested for a crane in a very confined space to maintain their machinery.
- Ace cranes provided customized solution: 2t x 5m span under slung crane with 4m cantilever on both sides with hook height of 18m.
- The cantilever area is used to offload the machine part on to a truck for further repair.
Ace Crane Systems LLC supplies Goliath Cranes suitable for ship building industry, which requires extensive capacities, spans and height of lifts. Two of such cranes installed in Abu Dhabi are shown above. There is limitation on the crane size for Ace Crane Systems. SKY IS THE LIMIT.
- Giant crane of 50/10 x 22m span x 25m HOL
- 50/10 x 26m span x 25m HOL
One of the smallest crane we would have manufactured till date but serves the purpose in the middle of the nowhere.
- Picture says it all.
- Its key feature is its mobility. It can be transported easily on standard trailer.
- Crane can travel outside the container for loading and offloading purpose.
- Up to 5 ton capacity with 2 meter span.
- Hydraulic operated retractable long travel beams
- Self-sufficient workshop with inbuilt power supply to room, office and welfare facility.
New jib cranes and EOT cranes were used in addition to the reused cranes. A pillar jib crane of the VS type with a height of over 8 metres, a load capacity of 4 tonnes and a jib arm length of 5 metres was supplied among others. This jib crane features an electric wire rope hoist and was mounted in the underground car park. It serves the loading area on the level above through an opening between the levels. All movements of the crane are electric due to the SWL of 4 tonnes, i.e. the crane features electric slewing as well as electric trolley travelling. The project also includes a 32 metre long crane track with three single girder underslung EOT cranes of the EDL type and each of them comes with two hoists with load capacities of 4 tonnes each. The underslung EOT cranes feature rolled section girders and screwed main girder connections. This type of crane is particularly suited to complicated space and construction conditions as the crane track is mounted onto the ceiling instead of onto pillars. In addition, lower trolley end approach dimensions allow the optimal use of the exiting bay width. The main girder slots in between the end carriages which means that the highest hook position can be optimised also. A separate crane track was fitted with a single girder EOT crane of the ELV type with two electric chain hoists with SWLs of 1 tonne each which give it a total load capacity of 2 tonnes in this case. The control of the crane, an ABUS radio remote control ABURemote Button, allows the hoists to be used individually as well as in tandem. The jib crane is also controlled by radio remote control so that the crane user will be able to move loads while standing in a safe place and keeping an eye on all crane movements.
Four workshop cranes complete the building’s crane park: Jib cranes of the LS type with safe working loads of 1 tonne each and jib arm lengths of 3 metres. These cranes are used to move smaller components directly onto the work benches of the work places in order to check them for possible damages. Slewing and trolley travelling are manual as the SWLs are quite inferior compared to the big VS jib crane. The electric chain hoists are operated via push button pendants on these cranes.
Thus the ABUS EOT cranes and jib cranes work together on two levels for an optimised material flow. The EOT cranes transport heavier loads across the entire bay while the smaller jib cranes are serving the work stations: they make it quick and efficient to load individual work benches.
Morris Cranes, a Division of Morris Material Handling SA (Pty) Ltd, a wholly owned South African company and the sub-Saharan agent of ABUS Kransysteme GmbH has supplied and installed lifting equipment at Africa Steel and Tube in Johannesburg, South Africa
Africa Steel and Tube (Pty) Ltd is a recently established steel tube manufacturer specialising in precision drawn steel tubing (round, square, regular and tubing and lip channel). Located in Alrode, Johannesburg, on a 40 000m² site, as specialists in the industry their priority is to focus on and understand what their customers’ unique requirements are and ensure they meet these requirements through effectively managing their customers’ expectations and requests.
High quality service performance and delivery are key when dealing with the team at Africa Steel and Tube.
Morris Material Handling SA (Pty) Ltd and ABUS are proud to have been involved with Africa Steel and Tube in the establishing of their new factory and business entity.
The following lifting equipment was supplied and installed.
The following lifting equipment was supplied and installed.
The eleven EOT cranes supplied with a range of lifting capacities and spans are employed mainly in the three areas of production and storage. Six single girder EOT cranes of the ELK type with SWLs of 5 tonnes and spans between 24 and 25 metres are used to handle round and square tubes with relatively small diameters. Round tubes and square ones with larger diameters as well as lip channels or C rails are also transported by cranes of the ELK type; however, these have larger lifting capacities of 10 tonnes and their spans range between 23 and 25 metres. One feature common to all these cranes is that they have welded box girders that are resistant to torsion. Cranes designed as single girder cranes with 10 tonnes SWL may have spans up to 27.5 metres.
The two biggest cranes of the lot, two double girder cranes of the ZLK type, with SWLs of 25 tonnes and spans of 25 metres and 32 tonnes and 23 metres respectively are operating in the area of coil handling. Double girder cranes with load capacities of 40 tonnes may reach spans of up to 40 metres. Different designs for the main girder installations for both single and double girder cranes allow the cranes to be optimally adapted to the building shapes and conditions.
Africa Steel and Tube will continue their objective to become the top service provider in Africa in terms of delivering essential capabilities of efficient and reliable service, quality assurance, marketing, logistics and finance.
Morris and ABUS wish the team at Africa Steel and Tube great success in their development in the tubing and steel industry.